Best Dewormer For Dogs Review: Our Top 9 Helpful Picks
Typically, dogs are susceptible to hosts like worms and parasites. This is because these furry pals do sniff, lick, slurp and gobble just anything they come across.
These include trash, poop, and dirt which are the primary sources of pests that may eventually get into their stomach causing veterinary conditions such as vomiting and diarrhea.
Worms may put your pet and other members of the household to harm so they have to be treated. Deworming is the next thing you should be doing but make sure you give him the best dewormer for dogs.
You would need the most effective one for your four-legged friend, right? Check our list of the best dog dewormers in this review to guide you through.
Worming Medications for Dogs: Our Top Picks of the Best Dog Dewormers
Here’s our list of the best dewormer products for your dog:
- 8-in-1 Safe Guard Canine Dewormer
- Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer
- Wholistic Pet Organics Deworming Treatment.
- Sentry WormX Plus Worm Treatment and Control
- Durvet’s Dog Wormer Triple Broad Spectrum De-Wormer
- Pfizer NEMEX-2 Oral Liquid Dewormer
- Bayer Dog Chewable Quad Dewormer
- Panacur C Canine Dewormer
- Dog/Cat WormEze Liquid Worming Solution
Best Dewormer For Dogs See Amazon.com for best selection and value. #commissionsearned
What is the best dewormer for your pet then?
Best Worming Treatments for Dogs and Their Reviews
Allow us to help you choose the right worm treatment for your best friend.
1. 8-in-1 Safe Guard Canine Dewormer (The Best Dewormer for Dogs)
Your vet may prescribe 8-in-1 Safe Guard Canine Dewormer if your dog tests positive for internal parasites. The product is composed of granule formulation fenbendazole that is easy to administer.
The formula can be mixed or sprinkle into his food.
It is effective against major dog parasites including hookworms, taenia tapeworms, whipworms, and roundworms.
All you need to do is mix the powder onto his food and ensure that he eats his full dose of it.
Feed him the same dose for three consecutive days. It is safe for dogs aged six weeks old and up as well as pregnant dogs.
- Contains an active ingredient called fenbendazole
- An easy mixture of granule formulation
- Treats dogs aged at least six weeks
- Kills and controls four common types of dog worms
- It is effective and safe to use
- Ease-to-mix granule
- Safe for dogs infected by heartworm
Only kills one whipworm and tapeworm species
Requires to administer three doses in one day
2. Bayer Tapeworm Dog Dewormer
The best seller Bayer Tapeworm Dewormer is found effective to treat the tapeworm of puppies as young as 4 weeks. This comes in tablets and starts to work from 8 to 24 hours after its first dose.
Its active ingredients (pyrantel pamoate, febantel, and praziquantel) are very powerful making it a broad-spectrum dewormer safe for small dogs.
Also, it is easy on the stomach of your pup. It can be given through your pet’s mouth or crumbled and mixed with his food.
Specially manufactured for small dogs and puppies, this can be the best puppy dewormer for your young furry pal.
As instructed, treatment using this tablet should be made and followed by additional treatments whenever necessary.
A fecal test is also recommended to ensure the complete elimination of the worms.
- Contains active ingredients with powerful treatment mechanisms
- Kills common tapeworms, Taenia pisiformis, and Dipylidium caninum
- Treats dogs weighing 2 pounds and above
- In beef flavor chewable tablets
- Use in canines 4 years and above
- Has active ingredients
- Dewormer with a broad spectrum
- Effective in killing intestinal parasites
- Safe for puppies
- Palatable chewable tablet
- May require multiple treatments for heavy infestations
- It’s unlikely for dogs to take tablets
3. Wholistic Pet Organics Deworming Treatment
As much as we prioritize the safety of our pets, we make sure that everything they intake is healthy. Go natural in treating your pup’s worm infestation with Wholistic Pet Organics Deworming Treatment.
The natural dewormer is composed of active ingredient DE that is effective through exoskeleton drying making it the best dewormer for dogs. DE gets rid of worms providing the dog with more health benefits.
This product serves as the best dewormer for dogs as it prevents possible adverse side effects to those with the weak immune system.
Its therapeutic effect on intestinal parasites is nonfamous though proven to be working in several animal pests.
Other than its deworming treatment, the product helps improve the appearance of dogs especially the ones with dull coat. It increases their energy levels.
- It has active ingredients including Diatomaceous Earth
- Only uses natural, raw, whole-food ingredients
- Also provides relief to tick and flea
- No adverse side effects
- Mixes into dog foods so pets less likely to reject their food
- Does not contain poisons or chemicals
- Good for animal health
- Puppies can be fed as well
- Treats all worm types
- Can irritate the throat and lungs after the feeding
4. Sentry WormX Plus Worm Treatment and Control
Did you know that most puppies are born having worms on their stomach? Yes, they are but no worries because these intestinal worms are curable.
Sentry WormX Plus Worm Treatment and Control is the best solution for pups having poop with worms. Specifically formulated for small dogs, this medicine can treat all types of worms with its active ingredients praziquantel and pyrantel pamoate.
The product has a wide spectrum in keeping your friend clear of roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms.
It is designed in a tasty and chewable tablet for easy administration.
You do not need a prescription to get it since its ingredients are already veterinary grade.
To complete the treatment, this dewormer eliminates 7 types of worms.
It can even treat existing infestations or prevent the new ones especially when your pet is vulnerable to catching them. Also, it offers him protection for 30 days.
- Has 2 active ingredients (praziquantel and pyrantel pamoate)
- Comes in chewable tablets
- Cures and kills seven intestinal worm species
- Recommended for dogs aged 12 weeks and above
- Developed for dogs weighing 6-25 pounds
- Easy to administer
- Broad-spectrum dewormer
- Effective in treating and controlling many species of worms
- Chewable and tasty
- Treats existing infestations and prevents the new ones
- Not recommendable for pets more than 25 pounds in weight
- Does not kill whipworms
- Not advisable for nursing or pregnant women dogs
5. Durvet’s Dog Wormer Triple Broad Spectrum De-Wormer
The Triple Wormer formula from Durvet is regarded as the best dewormer for dogs in medium and large breeds.
Like Sentry WormX Plus, this product has a broad-spectrum formula from active ingredients praziquantel and pyrantel pamoate killing 7 strains of worms.
With its chewable tablet form, you may feed it directly to your pal or mix it with his food. Repeat its dosage for two weeks for its maximum efficacy although it can already treat the infestation in one dose.
The dewormer is among the best values for households with several dogs.
- Comes in palatable chewable tablet
- Recommended for dogs weighing 25-200 pounds
- Contains active ingredients (praziquantel and pyrantel pamoate)
- One-dose treatment
- It is a broad-spectrum dewormer for dogs
- Can kill and control 7 species of worms (two roundworm species, two tapeworm species, and three hookworm species)
- Easy dosing instructions
- Quick and effective
- Treats in a single dose
- Does not treat infestation caused by whipworms
- Not recommendable for small dogs under 25 pounds
6. Pfizer NEMEX-2 Oral Liquid Dewormer
Some dogs are less likely to prefer administering tablets even when it’s powdered and mixed in their food. Thanks to Pfizer NEMEX-2 Oral Liquid Dewormer, which can be considered as an alternative to tablets, they may not refuse to take it.
The active ingredient pyrantel pamoate from this formula treats hookworms and roundworms in dogs.
It is available in many variations. More so, it can treat the infections of small and large dogs just follow the directions for a specific weight.
You can either feed the liquid right to your pooch’s mouth or mix it to his food.
A single treatment is what it takes to kill the worms. Let him have a fecal test to complete worm elimination.
- The formula comes in liquid suspension
- Has an active ingredient pyrantel pamoate
- Safe and effective
- Offers protection against zoonotic infection
- Protects small and large dogs from worms
- High-quality formula
- Highly palatable
- Safe for puppies and pregnant pups
- Liquid formulation making it easy to administer
- It only treats hookworms and roundworms
- Large dogs may need a higher dosage
- Not advisable for puppies aged two weeks and below
7. Bayer Dog Chewable Quad Dewormer
Quad Dewormer from Bayer is an over the counter dog dewormer specifically formulated for small dogs and puppies. The formula comes in chewable beef-flavored tablets for easy administration.
It is one among the first anthelmintics with 3 active ingredients (pyrantel pamoate, febantel, and praziquantel) giving a broad spectrum of anti-intestinal parasitic activity.
These active components can kill common worms in dogs including hookworms, whipworms tapeworms, and roundworms.
This OTC dewormer for dogs is available in three sizes depending on the weight of your pet. It requires your furry little friend a single dose to treat the infestation.
The good news in this Bayer Quad Dewormer review is that it can kill the worms inside him even their larvae in at least 8 hours.
- Contains active ingredients (pyrantel pamoate, febantel, and praziquantel)
- Designed in the form of chewable tablets
- Kills 7 species of intestinal worms (2 hookworms, 2 roundworms, 2 tapeworms, and 1 whipworm)
- Can be administered to puppies and small dogs with at least 2 pounds in weight
- Available in 3 sizes in pounds (2-25 lbs., 26-60 lbs., and more than 45 lbs.)
- Powerful active ingredients
- Safe for puppies at least 2 pounds
- Easy to administer
- Broad-spectrum dewormer
- May require more than a single treatment for heavy infestations
- Tablets are not that attractive to some dogs
8. Merck Animal Health Panacur C Canine Dewormer
Merck Animal Health’s Panacur C Canine Dewormer gives your best friend relief from roundworms, whipworms, tapeworms, and hookworms. This deworming medicine for dogs can even cure the intestinal infection giardia.
This is the best dog wormer that comes in powder form which is mixed to the food of your canine.
Its key ingredient fenbendazole eliminates parasites through parasitic protein binding. The protein damages the parasite’s cell structure causing its death.
Each powder packet of Panacur C can cure 40 pounds and must be administered once daily in 3 consecutive days.
Take into account that this size is intended one treatment per dog, and not for multiple cures. Also, there are other available packets for canines weighing over 40 pounds making it the best deworming for dogs in huge weights.
- Manufactured in powder form
- Treats four worms (tapeworms, whipworms, roundworms, and hookworms)
- Use for dogs large dogs at least 40 pounds and above 6 weeks old
- Available in various powder packet sizes (1Gm, 2Gm, and 4Gm)
- The powder can be mixed with the regular food of your pet
- Highly recommended by many pet parents and owners
- Kills worms
- Safe for your pal’s health
- Should make sure that canines will not refuse the powder’s taste as it covers their food
- Use in one packet at a time which means it can be costly if more treatment is necessary
9. Durvet Dog/Cat WormEze Liquid Worming Solution
Trusted brand Durvet offers its Dog/Cat WormEze Liquid Worming Solution which is specifically designed to kill huge roundworms. The liquid deworming is manufactured to treat particular species of worm, roundworms (four types).
With its antihelmintic substance piperazine citrate, pests are expelled. It is safe to give to your pup’s age at least 6 weeks.
Get your furry pal an affordable remedy by taking eight ounces of the formulation.
The best thing to make it effective is to mix the liquid in your pet’s food or drink.
- Formulated to kill four types of roundworms
- Comes in a liquid solution that is intended for roundworms
- Uses piperazine citrate as an antihelmintic
- Safe remedy for puppies and kittens as young as 6 weeks
- An inexpensive roundworm control and elimination
- Its administration for puppies and kittens is safe
- Palatable dewormer
- It is easy to intake
- May not be that effective in treating worms other than roundworms
You already have a list of the best dewormers for dogs in the market. Your next challenge is how to make sure that you are getting the remedy appropriate for your pal. Continue your reading.
Factors to Consider in Buying the Best Dewormer for Dogs
Look into the following features when choosing the appropriate worming remedy for your dog:
Best Dewormer for Dogs Active Ingredients
Check the label of the dewormers since they may contain several ingredients used alone or with the other solutions. Keep in mind that there are formulas that are not effective on every worm type or species.
For instance, medicine with piperazine specifically works on roundworms. Those containing fenbendazole may not be able to completely get rid of tapeworms.
Target Parasites or Infestation
Determine the parasite or the particular worm infesting your pooch. It would be a waste of money and time giving him pills or solution that will not relieve his illness.
Take note that there are two types of tapeworms and several formulations may not be that effective to cure both. Be sure of the type of worm in your friend’s stomach. This will guide you on what to pick then.
Every drug requires the dosage for certain treatments depending on the condition of the pet, his age, weight, etc. Among the notable products are chewable tablets, powder, or liquid. There is also a deworming solution in the form of a gel.
Number of Dosages
Usually, most of the worming treatments are administered either ones or thrice per day. There are also those which should be taken day after day.
Specifications in Weight and Age
Labels of dewormers indicate the age and size of the dog it would be treating.
Some are formulated for puppies 2 weeks young and small dog breeds, while the other medicines are for those weighing 10 pounds or those older than 12 weeks. Meanwhile, it is safe to say that the right dosage signifies its effectiveness.
Other than considering the effectiveness of the medication, use trusted products that will not hurt your dog. Go through the safety features and reviews of the products to get the best one. Trusted brands could just work well on the digestive system of your friend.
Pricing and Dosage for Pet Parents with Multiple Dogs
Households with lots of dogs to deworm may need to consider the cost of the treatment. More dogs to deworm means more money to spend on it. Curing one might not be that expensive but having more to relieve from infection can add to your expense.
Each product in our list has its features and specifications in treating the infestation of your furry best friend.
However, finding the best dog dewormer can be a daunting task if you have no idea how to look for it. What deworming medicine is best for dogs? You can peruse these guidelines for the available products in the market and make your choice easy and wise.
Our Top Pick
Although we outlined our top 9 worming formulas above, we chose 8-in-1 Safe Guard Canine Dewormer as the best dewormer for dogs with its safe and effective use.
The formula can treat many types of worms making it the best dog wormer for all worms infesting pups as young as 6 weeks. It is easy to combine with your pet’s food for easy digestion. Also, most vets prescribe it to deworm dogs.
There you have it. Deworming your pal anytime can now be doable with the aid of this article. Just be patient and as efficient as possible in picking the best dewormer for your dog.
Now there is the matter of administering the medication you’ve selected for your dog, check out this post for the easiest-to-follow guide.