There’s no question as to the joy bulldogs bring to every household. Bulldogs are the absolute great companion to the entire family and the other pets. They have certain nutritional requirements.
You have to feed them with the best food for a bulldog for their balanced diet, which will be discussed here further. What’s the best dog food for your bulldog then?
Best Dog Food For Your Bulldogs
We just want the best and the most appropriate for the nutritional needs of your pet. We then come up with the following list to help you find the best food for English bulldog. You should know the following products and you’ll thank us afterward.
Get to learn more about these quality-wise top dog food brands choices with their in-depth reviews farther below. You’ll be convinced. Why? Why not?
- Precise Holistic Dog Food
- Wolf Cub Bison and Oatmeal Puppy
- Evanger’s Grain-Free Chicken w/ Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food
- Earthborn’s Dry Dog Food
- Honest Kitchen’s Force Dehydrated Dog Food
- Wellness CORE All-Natural Dry Dog Food
- Nulo’s Grain-Free Dry Dog Food for Adult Bulldogs
Best Dog Food For Bulldogs See Amazon.com for best selection and value. #commissionsearned
Nutritional Information About Your English Bulldog
As a member of the family, you would not want your bulldog to be unhealthy, right? It is of utmost importance to keep the Bulldogs’ diet balance to maintain their shape and balance. They are really huggable and they too love to be held on your lap and be cuddled.
However, there are certain problems dog owners usually encounter while taking care of their dogs. As an owner and companion, you have to know them to properly maintain and monitor your pet’s health.
What’s it that you need to know?
- Bulldogs are the dog breed with slow growth and development.
- They are not considered as the most active among the dog breeds.
- Their short nose gives them difficulty in exercising in hot or humid weather.
- They become physically matured when they reach two and a half years.
What Are The Nutritional Requirements Of Your Bulldog?
Here’s the catch: When you are keen on the diet of your dog. As per the recommendation of the National Research Council of the National Academies, a 50-pound bulldog with an active lifestyle requires about 1358 daily calories.
The older ones need lesser calorie intake depending on their activity and metabolism.
What if he’s still a puppy? A growing bulldog puppy requires more calories than adults. Does your bulldog follow a sedentary lifestyle? If so, he only needs fewer amounts of calories to consume.
What Should Your Bulldog’s Diet Include?
Yes, you read it right. Bulldogs also need to follow a certain diet to be healthy like humans. Before buying any dog food brands for your pet, you should know what is necessary for his diet.
- According to the Association of American Feed Control Officials, bulldogs need a minimum of 18% protein for adults and 22% maintenance protein for puppies.
- Usually, dog foods containing high quality exceed the percentage recommendation.
- Start switching your dog’s food once he reaches 90 percent of his adult size.
Coping Up With the Challenges in Bulldog Breeding
Now, you have followed the proper diet program for your pet but it does not end there. Proper care of your bulldog involves dealing with the potential challenges along the way.
Keep in mind that this breed is vulnerable to flatulence, hip dysplasia, allergies, and sensitive digestion. Of course, you can overcome all these problems with a suitable diet.
Feed your pet for slow growth and complete the development of his bones.
Keep a journal to track the food allergens or sensitivities of your pet. It is also helpful if you consult a veterinarian for proper guidance. Ask your veterinarian about the best dog food for sensitive digestion.
Try to avoid products containing wheat, corn, and soy as well as those with sweeteners, colors and added artificial flavors. Critical isn’t it but these challenges can attack in no time. You have to be prepared before they strike.
How to Choose the Best Bulldog Food
You only want the best for your bulldog, right? Choose the best one then. No room for mistake.
What’s the deal now?
- Product Reputation – Look for high quality and a premium brand that has an established reputation. Proper feeding is one way to help your pet achieve its maximum potential. The best dog food will make him feel exceptional.
- Ingredients – Read the nutritional labels of each product to find the best food with the necessary ingredients. Avoid low-quality products as they may only cause harm to your pet. It would be best to consult your veterinarian first for his proper nutrient consumption.
- Best Product – Give your bulldog the best as he is one of the most loved dogs in the world though he may look ugly for some.
- Allergy-Free Food – Also, keep away from products with artificial preservatives because they can trigger digestive problems and allergic reactions. Hypersensitivity reactions can be provoked by food ingredients such as dairy, chicken eggs, and some proteins depending on his adaptability.
Quality Best Dog Food Choices for Your Bulldog
Why do you need to learn the specifications and the advantages and disadvantages of these products? Allow us to make you realize the main point of this whole post.
These are the top 7 dog foods for bulldogs you might want to consider the proper diet of your pet.
Is a particular dog food right for my pet? Find out:
1. Solid Gold’s Wolf Cub and Oatmeal Formula for Puppies
Holistic nutrition is the primary focus of this Wolf Cub Bison and Oatmeal Puppy dog food.
The formula could be your best gift for your pet as it is developed as the best food for bulldog puppies.
Its ingredients include delicious protein-rich bison, ocean fish meal, and eggs. It has 26 percent crude protein and healthy fats for growth and development.
Its probiotic dried fermentation products are very important for bulldogs.
This dog formula features approximately 20 nutritious superfoods including broccoli, cranberries, carrots, and pumpkin. It does not contain wheat, soy, and corn, which only stimulate allergies in bulldogs.
Know more about Solid Gold’s Wolf Cub Bison and Oatmeal Puppy dog food. #commissionsearned
- The inner gold of this dog food is its fundamental components like minerals, amino acids, and vitamins.
- It does not include wheat, soy, or corn – the most common causes of allergy among dogs.
- It could be the best food for English bulldog allergies.
- It features a great number of superfoods such as thyme, watercress, chicory root, celery, almond oil, dried kelp, and Salmon oil.
- It has many protein sources such as turkey, Alaskan Pollock, venison, whitefish, and buffalo.
- Always check the label of the product because sometimes it does not include meat as its first and primary ingredient.
- It’s not readily accessible in the market, which means you have to outsource it to huge manufacturers.
2. Grain-Free Chicken w/ Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food from Evanger’s
This premium dog food from Evanger’s contains balanced meals and gourmet hand-packed dinners for every level of your pet’s life.
The meats used in this product are USDA-inspected, which means that they are free from soy, corn, and wheat products.
Your pet could be safe as the food does not contain unhealthy additives or artificial preservatives.
Evanger’s dog food is notable for having natural flavors, delicious taste, and balanced nutrition. The formula contains 16 percent of fat and 33 percent of crude protein.
It is rich in vegetables and fruits instead of grains. Its chelated minerals strengthen optimal essential nutrient absorption and its probiotics content supports the digestive system of your pet. It also has glucosamine and chondroitin for his joints and bones.
Learn more about Evanger’s Grain-Free Chicken w/ Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food #commissionsearned
- This dog food is based on meat and is very simple.
- It offers additional nutritious ingredients intended for your bulldog.
- It makes dog feeding very easy, avoiding any mistake.
- It is also unique at its own offering as it carries Kosher pet food.
- It is mostly based on chicken fat, containing omega-6 fatty acid and linoleic acid, which are good for your pet’s health.
- As expected, this pet food can be pricey compared to the other brands. This could be because of its human-grade quality.
- Its attention was once called by the FDA.
3. Earthborn’s Holistic Great Plains Feast Dry Dog Food
Since they are susceptible to allergies, Earthborn’s Dry Dog Food could be the best product if your pet is inflicted by allergies.
This food does not have grain (the common cause of allergies) and gluten (the cause of weight gain). Protein from this food is sourced from red lean meat such as lamb.
Among the main ingredients of this dry food are pea protein, dried egg product, tapioca, and bison meal.
Its vitamins C and E help strengthen the immune system of your dog. It also contains superfoods like vegetables and fruits offering the required anti-oxidants to keep his healthy immune system.
What makes this formula superb? It contains L-carnitine that contributes to the maintenance of your pet’s body weight and fat level. Remember that this fact is significant for bulldogs.
Know about the Earthborn’s Holistic Great Plains Feast Dry Dog Food #commissionsearned
- The Earthborn Dry Food is manufactured in the U.S.
- Its manufacturing process is of high quality.
- It is enriched in superfoods that provide superhealth to your bulldog.
- It only contains little amount of the controversial ingredients like flaxseed, peas, canola oil, chelated minerals, and tomato pomace.
- Its meat content remains in moderation.
4. The Honest Kitchen’s Force Dehydrated Dog Food
Unlike the other dog foods, The Honest Kitchen product is dehydrated.
Each of its product range has different ingredients. Its protein sources come from turkey, chicken, or fish.
Thanks to the vegetables and fruits found in this food as they provide your pet with a naturally balanced diet.
Feeding your bulldog with this product could be safe since it is grain-free.
The formula ensures herbal gastrointestinal supplement to the sensitive stomach of your English bulldog. It is presumed safe for intake with the absence of artificial flavorings and by-products. This might be considered as a real food noting the balance of its vegetables, carbs, and protein.
Know more about Honest Kitchen’s Force Dehydrated Dog Food #commissionsearned
- Honest Kitchen dog food is AAFCO-approved.
- It highlights slightly processed and dehydrated whole-food ingredients from the USA.
- It is appropriate for the picky bulldogs.
- Its box is very easy to carry.
- Its ingredients are wholesome.
- It’s a well-formulated product beneficial for active bulldogs.
- This food might not be favorable for everyone especially for those who are on a tight budget.
- Potatoes may not be a good choice compared to the other dog food ingredients.
5. Wellness CORE All-Natural Dry Dog Food (Grain-Free)
This premium Wellness CORE All-Natural Dry Dog Food is particularly developed for the adult and non-producing dogs aged more than one year.
The formula is protein-based, which is reflected in its nutritional and taste value.
It contains 80 percent more meat than traditional grain-rich dog foods. Though it is free from animal by-products and grain, it remains flavor-full of protein.
The dog food contains live active probiotics, fiber, and prebiotics which could help promote the intestinal tract and the whole digestive health of your pet.
Its minerals, fatty acids, and vitamins trigger his healthy cellular activity as they strengthen his immune system. It is also high in protein that heightens his ability to shed extra calories and fat as well as his lean muscle mass.
Learn more about Wellness CORE All-Natural Dry Dog Food #commissionsearned
- CORE Dry Dog Food is 100% grain-free but still with a significant amount of nutrition.
- It is low in fat content.
- Enriched with essential minerals to make bone formation strong.
- It contains healthy ingredients such as broccoli and kale.
- It can feed all kind of dogs.
- It supports the raw feeding philosophy for high meat level.
- The dog food might not be recommendable for pets prone to allergy.
- You find it pricier than the other dry dog foods.
6. Nulo’s Grain-Free Dry Dog Food for Adult Bulldogs
Fuel the inner athletic characteristic of your bulldog with this dog food from Nulo.
This product could be the best food for your pet as it helps dogs thrive on their nutritional content.
It is made from clean ingredients for the proper maintenance of your dog’s healthy weight, high energy levels, and a balanced diet.
Its meat protein is really high, which can be great for bulldogs.
It’s free from grains like soy, corn, wheat gluten, and fake additives keeping your dog away from allergens.
The BC30 Probiotics, protein, and low carbohydrates ensure that your pet will receive the necessary nutrients for a longer lifespan.
It features Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids for the health of his coat and skin. It is made available in various flavors including turkey and sweet potato, salmon and peas, and lamb and chickpeas.
Get to know more about Nulo’s Grain-Free Dry Dog Food for Adult Bulldogs #commissionsearned
- This Nulo dog food is free from dyes, artificial flavors, etc.
- It provides complete and balanced nutrition.
- It can cater dogs of all breeds and sizes.
- Its probiotics are patented, which aids the immune system and gut health of your pet.
- It has impeccable quality measures.
- Its low glycemic component regulates and prevents diabetes.
- This dog formula can be expensive compared to the other pet products.
- It lacks transparency in providing enough information about its ingredients. This could lead to more expectations of the pet owners from the brand itself.
No matter the age level of your dog, a good food is critical to keep him healthy and happy in every area of his life.
Whether good or bad, his diet will affect his muscle tone and joint strength, digestive well-being, coat and skin health, and energy levels. All this is attributable to its first-class ingredients
Shelling out extra cash on high-quality pet food is a sure ball investment. This could be beneficial for your pet and can help you save on possible, fewer trips to his vet due to sickness.
This would be the best time to assess every dog food brands featured above, learn their merits and demerits, and choose one that exactly fits the nutritional requirements of your pet. Our only aim here is to guide you in searching and picking up the best food for English bulldog.
Feeding your bulldog with the right dog food could save his entire life. All the dog foods presented above are carefully sourced from the most reliable sources. We do hope that this review material would be of great help in your search for the best food for a bulldog.
Is this guide helpful for you as an English bulldog owner? Want more bulldog tips? We appreciate any feedback from you then, just comment us below.
Do You Own a Bulldog?
Bulldogology loves Bulldogs, our free Bulldog guide is the essentials guide for your perfect Bulldog. Learn how to be the best way to be a proud owner of this awesome breed.
Made for current Bulldog owners and new bully owners!
With our Ultimate Bulldog Guide…
- Learn more about your Bulldog, and ready yourself for any health problems
- Why Bulldogs shed so much and what you should do
- What collars are best for Bulldogs and what NOT to get
- Got a hyper Bulldog? See section 8 of this guide on how to get your Bulldog to calm down
- What to do with those rosebud ears when your Bulldog needs cleaning
- How to feed your Bulldog and the best type of food for this breed
- And so much more!
Looking for more Bulldog tips, guides, and reviews?
- Top 6 Best Bulldog Beds For Your Lovely Pet: Useful Tips How To Choose
- A Helpful Guide For Choosing Your Pet’s Best Bulldog Life Jackets
- Best Bulldog Harness Buyer’s Guide: Make Outdoor Activities Safe And Fun
- [The Bulldog Temperament] Ultimate Bulldog Guide for Owning, Caring and Training The Best Puppy
- Best Bulldog Wrinkle Wipes for Quickly Cleaning Your Lovely Pup
- 3 Amazing Tricks for Cleaning Bulldog Wrinkles
- Best Brush for Bulldogs: The Ultimate Helpful Guide
- 8 Best Bulldog Food Bowl Reviews