There’s no question as to the joy bulldogs bring to every household. Bulldogs are the absolute great companion to the entire family and the other pets. They have certain nutritional requirements.
You have to feed them with the best food for a bulldog for their balanced diet, which will be discussed here further. What’s the best dog food for your bulldog then?
Best Dog Food For Your Bulldogs
We just want the best and the most appropriate for the nutritional needs of your pet. We then come up with the following list to help you find the best food for English bulldog. You should know the following products and you’ll thank us afterward.
Get to learn more about these quality-wise top dog food choices with their in-depth reviews farther below. You’ll be convinced. Why? Why not?
Best Dog Food For Bulldogs See Amazon.com for best selection and value. #commissionsearned
Nutritional Information About Your English Bulldog
As a member of the family, you would not want your bulldog to be unhealthy, right? It is of utmost importance to keep the Bulldogs’ diet balance to maintain their shape and balance. They are really huggable and they too love to be held on your lap and be cuddled.
However, there are certain problems dog owners usually encounter while taking care of their pets. As an owner and companion, you have to know them to properly maintain and monitor your pet’s health.
What’s it that you need to know?
- Bulldogs are the dog breed with slow growth and development.
- They are not considered as the most active among the dog breeds.
- Their short nose gives them difficulty in exercising in hot or humid weather.
- They become physically matured when they reach two and a half years.
What Are The Nutritional Requirements Of Your Bulldog?
Here’s the catch: When you are keen on the diet of your dog. As per the recommendation of the National Research Council of the National Academies, a 50-pound bulldog with an active lifestyle requires about 1358 daily calories.
The older ones need lesser calorie intake depending on their activity and metabolism.
What if he’s still a puppy? A growing bulldog puppy requires more calories than adults. Does your bulldog follow a sedentary lifestyle? If so, he only needs fewer amounts of calories to consume.
What Should Your Bulldog’s Diet Include?
Yes, you read it right. Bulldogs also need to follow a certain diet to be healthy like humans. Before buying any dog food for your pet, you should know what is necessary for his diet.
- According to the Association of American Feed Control Officials, bulldogs need a minimum of 18% protein for adults and 22% maintenance protein for puppies.
- Usually, dog foods containing high quality exceed the percentage recommendation.
- Start switching your dog’s food once he reaches 90 percent of his adult size.
Coping Up With the Challenges in Bulldog Breeding
Now, you have followed the proper diet program for your pet but it does not end there. Proper care of your bulldog involves dealing with the potential challenges along the way.
Keep in mind that this breed is vulnerable to flatulence, hip dysplasia, allergies, and sensitive digestion. Of course, you can overcome all these problems with a suitable diet.
Feed your pet for slow growth and complete the development of his bones.
Keep a journal to track the food allergens or sensitivities of your pet. It is also helpful if you consult a veterinarian for proper guidance. Ask your veterinarian about the best dog food for sensitive digestion.
Try to avoid products containing wheat, corn, and soy as well as those with sweeteners, colors and added artificial flavors. Critical isn’t it but these challenges can attack in no time. You have to be prepared before they strike.
How to Choose the Best Bulldog Food
You only want the best for your bulldog, right? Choose the best one then. No room for mistake.
What’s the deal now?
- Product Reputation – Look for high quality and a premium brand that has an established reputation. Proper feeding is one way to help your pet achieve its maximum potential. The best dog food will make him feel exceptional.
- Ingredients – Read the nutritional labels of each product to find the best food with the necessary ingredients. Avoid low-quality products as they may only cause harm to your pet. It would be best to consult your veterinarian first for his proper nutrient consumption.
- Best Product – Give your bulldog the best as he is one of the most loved dogs in the world though he may look ugly for some.
- Allergy-Free Food – Also, keep away from products with artificial preservatives because they can trigger digestive problems and allergic reactions. Hypersensitivity reactions can be provoked by food ingredients such as dairy, chicken eggs, and some proteins depending on his adaptability.
Quality Dog Food Choices for Your Bulldog
Why do you need to learn the specifications and the advantages and disadvantages of these products? Allow us to make you realize the main point of this whole post.
These are the top 7 dog foods for bulldogs you might want to consider the proper diet of your pet.
Is a particular dog food right for my pet? Find out:
1. Precise Holistic Complete Small and Medium Breed Adult Formula DRY Dog Food
As far as its high quality and nutritious pet food offerings, this Precise Holistic Complete product could be the best dog food for your English bulldog.
The product has 3.5 percent of crude fiber, 17 percent fat, and 27 percent crude protein.
Its protein comes from fresh chicken with a chicken meal while its carbohydrates come from brown rice and oatmeal.
It could be the right food for your adult bulldog considering its dried and fresh fruits and vegetables, synthetic supplements, and healthy fats.
The product also contains probiotics and prebiotics to make your dog’s digestive tract healthy. Its Yucca Schidilgera extract supplement may help reduce stool odor.
There are also antioxidants from vegetables and fruits as well as natural preservatives from vitamins E and C.