Turmeric is increasingly being recognized as a supplement beneficial to human health, however, are you aware that it can also offer a range of advantages for the health of your canine friend?
In this article, we will explore the best foods with turmeric for dogs, the health benefits, and the effects they can have on your pup.
We’ll look at how turmeric can help with inflammation, pain relief, and even improve your dog’s overall health.
Our top pick is Coco and Luna Turmeric Anti Inflammatory Chewable Tablets
So, if you’re looking to give your pup an extra boost of health, this article is for you!
5 Best Dog Turmeric For Dogs 2023
Here’s the list of dog food supplements with turmeric for dogs:
- Coco and Luna Turmeric Anti-Inflammatory Chewable Tablets (Best Overall)
- PetHonesty Hip and Joint Health Turmeric Supplement Soft Chews (Best Turmeric Soft Chews for Hip and Joint Health)
- Zesty Paws Multifunctional Turmeric Curcumin Bites (Best Multifunctional Supplement)
- Amazing Nutritionals Curcumin Pet Antioxidant Turmeric Chews (Best in Value)
- Ready Pet Go! Turmeric Curcumin and Collagen Soft Chews (Best for Arthritis)
1. Coco and Luna Turmeric Anti Inflammatory Chewable Tablets
Coco and Luna Turmeric Anti Inflammatory Chewable Tablets are an all-natural dietary supplement designed to support a dog’s joint health, energy levels, and overall well-being.
The chewable tablets feature a unique blend of turmeric, boswellia, and omega-3 fatty acids to help reduce joint discomfort, stiffness, and inflammation.
This supplement’s turmeric content provides your pup with inflammation-reducing antioxidants and pain-relieving benefits.
It also contains BioPerine, a patented form of black pepper extract, which helps absorb other nutrients and improves his overall health.
- Formulated with clinically proven ingredients, safety-tested, and manufactured in the USA
- Active ingredient of turmeric extract for pain relief
- Contains BioPerine
- Made with all-natural and organic ingredients, and free from chemicals and preservatives
- Contains omega-3 fatty acids
- Comes in a chewable tablet form
- Helps reduce inflammation and alleviate pain in your pup
- May improve your pup’s overall health and vitality
- Absorbs nutrients for better overall health
- All-natural and organic ingredients
- Supports healthy inflammation levels
- Easy to feed in chewable form
- Some dogs may be sensitive to the black pepper extract so it’s best to start with a small dose
- Results may not be immediate
- Some dogs may experience digestive issues with the supplement
Check Coco and Luna Turmeric Anti Inflammatory Chewable Tablets for more info. #commissionsearned
2. PetHonesty Hip and Joint Health Turmeric Supplement Soft Chews
Keep your pet’s mobility healthy and strong with PetHonesty Hip and Joint Health Turmeric Supplement Soft Chews.
This turmeric supplement is formulated to provide dogs with the natural anti-inflammatory benefits of turmeric in an easy-to-feed soft chew.
This supplement is made with natural human-grade ingredients and specially crafted ingredients that can provide support for joint and hip health.
It is designed to reduce inflammation, construct healthy joints, and reduce pain and discomfort associated with inflammation, all in one simple chewable tablet.
Also, includes probiotics to aid in gut health, fiber to maintain healthy intestines, and omega-3 fatty acids to build a strong immune system.
- All-in-one soft chewable supplement
- 500mg of Turmeric Curcumin per chew
- Organic Turmeric and Glucosamine
- Has omega-3 fatty acids
- Multivitamin and probiotic blend
- Natural human-grade ingredients
- Formulated by veterinarians
- Promote joint health
- Improves digestive health
- Natural ingredients
- Formulated by veterinarians
- Easy administration
- Contains probiotics for gut health
- Includes omega-3 fatty acids for a strong immune system
- External factors such as diet and exercise must be considered for joints
- Some dogs may have an allergic reaction to the ingredients
See more here PetHonesty Hip and Joint Health Turmeric Supplement Soft Chews #commissionsearned
3. Zesty Paws Multifunctional Turmeric Curcumin Bites
Multifunctional Zesty Paws Multifunctional Turmeric Curcumin Bites is a holistic arthritis supplement specifically designed for dogs.
This supplement is formulated with 95% Curcuminoids, Organic Turmeric, Coconut Oil, and BioPerine for maximum absorption.
The supplement provides hip & joint support, digestive & mobility health, and a boost for the immune system.
It enhances joint, skin, and digestive health. With 100% natural ingredients, these soft chews have no fillers, additives, or artificial preservatives, nor include grains or wheat products.
- 95% Curcuminoids for maximum potency
- Contains Organic Turmeric
- BioPerine for enhanced absorption
- Chew treat form
- Formulated specifically for dogs
- Promotes joint, digestive, and immunity health
- Supports palatability and absorption
- Enhances palatability and absorption
- Easy and tasty to take chew treat form
- Helps with joint, immune, digestive, and mobility health
- May not work for all dogs
- Results may vary
Check it out Zesty Paws Multifunctional Turmeric Curcumin Bites #commissionsearned
4. Amazing Nutritionals Curcumin Pet Antioxidant Turmeric Chews
Natural supplement Amazing Nutritionals Curcumin Pet Antioxidant is designed to help prevent cancer and alleviate joint pain and inflammation in dogs.
This formula is made with the powerful antioxidant, Curcumin, to provide maximum health benefits.
The supplement comes in the form of 120 soft chews for easy consumption.
Each chew contains organic turmeric, probiotics, and organic virgin coconut oil and olive oil to reduce inflammation and support digestion.
- Made with Curcumin
- Contain organic turmeric, probiotics, and organic virgin oil
- 120 soft chews per bag
- Ingredients with anti-inflammatory properties (Brewer’s Yeast, Olive Oil, and white sweet potatoes)
- Easy consumption
- An effective joint pain relief
- Reduce inflammation and support digestion
- Supports healthy heart and liver
- No further information is provided about the other ingredients used in the supplement
See more information Amazing Nutritionals Curcumin Pet Antioxidant #commissionsearned
5. Ready Pet Go! Turmeric Curcumin and Collagen Soft Chews
Ready Pet Go! Turmeric Curcumin and Collagen Soft Chews is a dietary supplement for dogs that helps support healthy joints and mobility.
The main active ingredients in the supplement are turmeric curcumin, collagen, and boswellia. These three ingredients are known for their anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and joint protection turmeric benefits.
This supplement contains a blend of glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and turmeric along with other natural ingredients to provide essential vitamins and minerals to ensure a healthy and active pet.
- All natural ingredients
- Contains Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and Collagen
- Contains turmeric for dogs
- Has vitamin E
- Essential vitamins and minerals
- Offers maximum health and wellness
- Helps with inflammation
- No fillers or artificial colors or flavors
- Support joint health
- Chewable tablets can be difficult to give to pets
More info Ready Pet Go! Turmeric Curcumin and Collagen Soft Chews here #commissionsearned
Turmeric as Dog’s Food Supplement
Just as in the human diet, turmeric is being used as a natural supplement for dogs to improve their health as well as their overall vitality and well-being.
The main ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, an antioxidant that helps protect cells from free radical damage.
Turmeric, from a ginger family, has a natural antioxidant that reduces allergic reactions in dogs, as well as boost the immune system and lessen joint inflammation.
It can aid in digestion and lower problems related to indigestion and diarrhea. Learn more about immune health here.
Turmeric has been shown to help minimize arthritic pain in dogs, and to calm anxiety effects. Also, it helps with age-related problems such as memory issues and cognitive decline.
Adding this supplement to a dog’s food can keep him healthy and active. However, it’s important to note that turmeric should not be used instead of prescribed medications for any illness.
Additionally, it’s best to talk to your veterinarian before giving your dog any type of supplement, including turmeric.
The supplement may interact with other medications or supplements, or it may be a problem if your dog has existing liver or kidney issues.
Is turmeric bad for dogs?
Health Benefits of Turmeric to Dogs
Turmeric has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for a variety of ailments, including heart disease, arthritis, and even cancer.
However, did you know that turmeric may also help your pup?
You may be in doubt about giving turmeric boost your pup but here are the benefits of turmeric for dogs:
- Turmeric has been proven to have anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve pain and inflammation in dogs. When your dog suffers from arthritis or other joint pain, turmeric may help reduce swelling and improve mobility and function. You can give turmeric orally as a supplement or via a topical application on affected areas.
- Turmeric is thought to have antioxidant properties that can help promote healthy skin and coat conditions in dogs. This includes helping with dry skin and dermatitis; alleviating itching; strengthening paws from foot pads rubbing against the ground; reducing inflammation from cuts or scrapes; promoting hair growth.
- Turmeric improves digestion when given daily alongside food (this is especially helpful for senior dogs who may have gastrointestinal issues); preventing premature graying of fur coloration due to stress or illness (which can be caused by stressors.
- Turmeric might be able to help dogs fight infections caused by bacteria such as Pasteurella multocida (PM) or Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae (Mh), which can cause pneumonia in both dogs and cats.
- It can help ease the effects of aging on your dog’s joints, skin and eyes, as well as speed up recovery after surgery or injury.
- Turmeric for dogs is rich in antioxidants that help protect the eye from damage caused by free radicals from UV rays or pollution. Also, the antioxidants prevent damage from light exposure that causes age-related macular degeneration.
- It helps in digestion and improves nutrient absorption, boosting the immune system and fighting fungal and bacterial infections.
- The anti-aging properties of turmeric help protect your pet’s cells from damaging free radicals.
Read more about the great health provisions of turmeric for your pup, especially in boosting his immune system in an article by Dogs Naturally.
Turmeric Powder Uses and Side Effects on Dogs
Turmeric powder, a turmeric good product, is a popular natural ingredient that is used for both medicinal and culinary uses in humans and animals.
It is especially effective when used in dog supplements for treating and preventing illnesses in dogs.
As mentioned earlier, mix turmeric powder in dog food has a host of benefits for dogs, including turmeric’s anti-inflammatory contents, antioxidant benefits, and ability to improve the health of the digestive tract.
Also, it can lower the risk of certain cancers.
Turmeric powder can be used in any form you prefer, either as a paste or as a liquid, and it’s safe to use with dogs at any age or stage of life.
- Combine turmeric powder with food to keep your dog’s immune system strong and healthy.
- It can be used to treat colds, skin problems, infections, and other illnesses.
- Its potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powers decrease inflammation and pain, as well as aid in healing.
- It can be given to promote a healthy heart and gut.
- Is turmeric safe for dogs?
While generally safe for dogs, turmeric powder can have some side effects. The most common side effects of ingesting too much turmeric powder are the following:
- Gastrointestinal upset, such as vomiting, diarrhea, and indigestion
- Skin rashes
- Allergic reaction
It is important to speak with your veterinarian before giving your pup turmeric powder.
Canine Journal also cited some of the uses and side effects of turmeric for dogs.
Importance of Turmeric in Dog’s Diet
Turmeric supplementation is an important spice to include in a pet’s diet for a variety of reasons.
It is filled with antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties that can help mitigate conditions such as arthritis, as well as other joint issues.
Turmeric for dogs may not be a cancer treatment or may help decrease the risk of certain cancers and other diseases.
It can also help the digestive system by increasing the production of bile, which helps break down food.
Furthermore, turmeric can aid the immune system, promoting healthy skin and coat. It is even being studied for its potential to treat anxiety and depression in dogs.
Ultimately, the numerous health benefits that turmeric offers have made it a popular addition to many canine diets.
FAQs About Turmeric for Dogs
Get more information with the following frequently asked questions:
Does turmeric alleviate inflammatory bowel disease in dogs?
The answer to this question is inconclusive.
While some research suggests that turmeric may have anti-inflammatory properties and may be beneficial for dogs suffering with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), more research needs to be done to determine if it does indeed have any positive effect.
Talk to your veterinarian if you are considering giving your pup turmeric as a treatment for IBD.
How much turmeric for dogs dosage can I give my dog?
The dosage of turmeric for dogs can vary depending on the size and weight of your dog.
The general recommended daily amount for small dogs is ¼ teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight, while larger dogs can take up to ½ teaspoon per 10 pounds.
However, it is always best to consult your veterinarian before giving your dog any turmeric supplements and to follow the instructions on the product’s label.
What does ground turmeric do for dogs?
Ground turmeric for dogs can help provide health benefits.
It contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral qualities that can help protect their digestive and cardiovascular systems and may even reduce their risk of cancer and improve overall well-being.
Additionally, it can help reduce pain and inflammation in both the joints and muscles and can help improve digestion and skin health conditions.
Can you add turmeric to your dog’s food?
Yes, you can add turmeric to your dog’s food, although it is important to check with a veterinary medicine expert first to verify the correct dosage for your dog based on his weight, age, and breed.
Can you give your dog turmeric every day?
Yes, you can give your pup turmeric every day. However, you should consult with your veterinarian before any pet supplement.
This is because too much turmeric can have adverse effects on his health.
Additionally, you should never give him raw turmeric because of its high concentration of curcumin, which is toxic to his health.
How much turmeric can you give a dog?
The amount of turmeric you can safely give to a dog depends on the size and weight of the dog.
Most veterinarians recommend the use of ½ teaspoon of turmeric for every 10 pounds of a dog’s body- weight per day, although this recommended dose may vary depending on the individual dog’s health alone.
Why is turmeric good for dogs?
Turmeric has natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which make it an effective natural remedy for many canine health issues.
It helps reduce joint pain and discomfort, improve digestion, and boost the immune system.
Also, it can treat skin conditions like eczema and allergies, as well kill cancer cells, as promote better liver health.
Can turmeric upset a dog’s stomach?
Yes, turmeric can upset a dog’s stomach. It is best to give turmeric to a dog with caution and only under the guidance of a veterinarian.
Can dogs take turmeric for inflammation?
Yes, dogs can take turmeric for inflammation.
Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, and some veterinarians recommend supplementing a canine’s diet with turmeric if they have chronic inflammation.
It is important to understand the proper dosage though, as too much turmeric can lead to upset stomach and other stomach problems.
Additionally, turmeric can interact with certain medications, so it is important to discuss this with your veterinarian before beginning supplementation.
What does turmeric do for dogs?
Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory agent, that helps to soothe arthritic pain and provide relief from inflammation in dogs.
It also helps to improve digestion and the absorption of nutrients, while increasing the immune system and helping to protect the liver.
How often should I give my dog turmeric?
It is generally recommended to give your canine turmeric once or twice a day, depending on the size and weight of your pet’s health well.
You should also consult with your veterinarian before giving him turmeric supplements to make sure it’s safe.
How much turmeric is safe for dogs?
Most dogs can tolerate small amounts of turmeric and may even benefit from it.
The general rule of thumb is to feed no more than 1/8th teaspoon per 10 pounds (4.5 kilograms) of body weight per day.
It is also important to speak with your vet before adding turmeric or any supplements to your dog’s diet.
Why is turmeric not good for dogs?
Turmeric is not recommended for dogs as it can cause stomach upset, nausea, and diarrhea.
It has the potential to interact with certain medications, so it’s important to check with a vet before giving it to a dog.
When should I not give my dog turmeric?
You should not give your pooch turmeric if she is pregnant or has a pre-existing health condition, such as kidney or liver disease.
You should also avoid giving the pet turmeric when taking medications as it may interfere with absorption.
Turmeric may also cause intestinal upset if given in large quantities, so it should be used sparingly.
In conclusion, we can see that turmeric is a highly beneficial supplement for dogs, offering a wide range of health and well-being benefits.
Turmeric can help to improve digestive health, joint health, immune system strength, skin health, and many other aspects of overall canine health conditions.
We also reviewed 5 turmeric supplements with turmeric for you to consider for your pup.
Our Top Pick
We chose Coco and Luna Turmeric Anti Inflammatory Chewable Tablets as the best supplement with turmeric for dogs because it contains high-quality, all-natural ingredients that are proven to reduce inflammation and pain.
The tablets have the health benefits of turmeric and are easy to administer and available at a reasonable price.
When used correctly, turmeric extracts can be a great addition to your dog’s diet and can provide many positive long-term health effects.
If you want to purchase turmeric supplements for the best health supplements for your pup, the above products should be on your consideration.