Should you desire to give your bulldog the best upbringing, it is highly recommended to purchase some English bulldog accessories. These are not insignificant purchases in any way. In fact, they are absolutely essential to your pet’s health and wellness, particularly if your pet is still a young pup.
Here are some of the more important bulldog accessories your pet (and you) can’t do without:
- A stainless steel bowl (preferably with a bowl holder). Plastic bowls are not recommended, as they’re chewable and can harbor germs. Ceramic and glass bowls are not ideal, as they break easily. Stainless steel bowls, on the other hand, are quite tough and they’re very easy to clean.
- A harness and leash. The harness should be nice and soft, and they should be adjustable too. The leash should be tough enough even for frisky dogs, and they should be gentle on your hands. The harness should feature some ID tags, and you may want to think about discussing microchips with your vet.
- An adjustable crate for a den. A wire crate is more suitable than a Plexiglas version. Wire offers better ventilation, and for bulldogs that’s crucial. The crate should be adjustable so you can use it as your bulldog gets bigger.
- A dog bed. Of course, you’ll need washable blankets and towels to act as padding. You can also place one of your old shirts on his bed so that he can be comforted by your scent.
- Safe toys. You don’t have to buy a lot of toys for your pet but you do need a few so your bulldog doesn’t resort to chewing on your shoes for his amusement. Just make sure the toys you get don’t have parts that can break off and choke him. The Unbreakable ball is highly recommended for your bulldog.
- Dog gates. These will keep your bulldog from accessing certain areas such as the stairs or rooms with carpeting.
See Amazon.com for the best selection and value. #commissionsearned or get more additional reviews and info about bulldog accessories like collars, toys, and beds on our site.
Do You Own a Bulldog?
Bulldogology loves Bulldogs, our free Bulldog guide is the essentials guide for your perfect Bulldog. Learn how to be the best way to be a proud owner of this awesome breed.
Made for current Bulldog owners and new bully owners!
With our Ultimate Bulldog Guide…
- Learn more about your Bulldog, and ready yourself for any health problems
- Why Bulldogs shed so much and what you should do
- What collars are best for Bulldogs and what NOT to get
- Got a hyper Bulldog? See section 8 of this guide on how to get your Bulldog to calm down
- What to do with those rosebud ears when your Bulldog needs cleaning
- How to feed your Bulldog and the best type of food for this breed
- And so much more!