Best Dog Cleaner List
- Pet King Brands ZYMOX Enzymatic Ear Solution (Top-Pick Ear Cleanser)
- Virbac Epi-Otic Advanced Dog/Cat Ear Cleanser (Best Routine Ear Cleaner)
- Vet’s Best Ear Relief Wash and Dry Cleaner Kit (Best Ear Care Kit)
- Duoxo Micellar Solution for Dogs (Best Cleanser for ear hygiene)
- Dechra’s MalAcetic Otic Dog Ear and Skin Cleanser (Premium Pick)
- Dechra EpiKlean Ear Cleanser
- Nutri-Vet Dog Ear Cleanser (Best for Gentle Cleansing)
- Pet King Brands Zymox LP3 Enzyme System Ear Cleanser (Best Irritation Relief)
- Vet’s Best Ear Relief Wash and Dry Cleaner Kit
- Miracle Care Dog Ear Cleanser in Powder (Best Cleanser for Hairy Ears)
- PPP Aroma Care Disposable Ear Wipes (Best Ear Cleaner Wipes)
Best Dog Ear Cleaner Reviews
1. Pet King Brands ZYMOX Enzymatic Ear Solution
Go for an antimicrobial enzyme treatment system for your pet’s ear with Pet King Brands ZYMOX Enzymatic Ear Solution. This non-prescription pet product is veterinary-recommended based on the positive reviews from fur parents and owners. Its enzyme system includes lactoperoxidase, lysozyme, and lactoferrin.
The enzymatic approach of this solution enables microbes inside the ear to emit hydrogen peroxide particles to get rid of dangerous microorganisms.
It prevents and treats chronic otitis externa. Also, it addresses fungal and yeast activities.
It has two preparations with and without hydrocortisone. This makes it great for ear cleanup and disinfection.
Moreover, the dog ear cleaner is very accessible, permitting you to always act fast whenever your pal shows symptoms of ear infection.
Apply it every day to manage infection in his ear. Its hydrocortisone content lessens its inflammation and relieves itchiness due to dry skin.
- Comes with the main ingredient hydrocortisone
- Contains the enzyme system LP3
- Applied once a day
- Effective against major canine ear microorganisms
- Ear care for both cats and dogs
- Does not require pre-cleaning of a painful ear
- Acts as anti-fungal and anti-bacterial
- Uses the enzymatic system to kill antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Provides relief from inflammation and itch
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Cures chronic and acute otitis externa
- Multi-purpose cleaner of dog ears
- Not enough for severe infections
2. Virbac Epi-Otic Advanced Dog/Cat Ear Cleanser
Get a gentler ear cleaner for your dog for maintenance solution with Virbac Epi-Otic Advanced Dog/Cat Ear Cleanser. The cleanser is made as a routine ear cleaner that does not contain antibiotics.
It is low in pH to prevent fungal and bacterial growth. It has salicylic acid against any type of infection. Also, it helps keep the ear canal dry, making it an unsuitable habitat for its pathogens.
The ear cleaner is for external ear inflammation or otitis externa management. It has an acidic formulation neutralizes susceptible organisms. It manages various conditions of the canine ear.
This cleanser comes in two versions: advance and regular. The advanced version has salicylic acid which helps prevent further infection.
Meanwhile, the regular version is intended to remove the ear wax and other debris inside his ear. Which one to choose? That depends on your dog’s ear condition.
Moreover, this cleanser is straightforward when it comes to its usage as clearly indicated on its packaging. Apply the solution to his ear, give it a massage, and shake out the excess.
- Antiseptic and keratolytic formulation
- Anti-adhesive properties
- Contains salicylic acid
- Neutralizes susceptible organisms
- Weekly application
- Routine cleanser
- Prevents fungal and bacterial infection in the ear canal
- Gentle formulation for puppies and adults
- Good monetary value
- Would not interfere with other ear infections
- Cannot be used as an ear infection treatment alone
3. Vet’s Best Dog Ear Relief Wash (Best Value)
Since the ear of dogs can get itchy and dirty from time to time, your treatment plan determines whether your pooch can endure discomfort and pain or lasting relief. Vet’s Best Dog Ear Relief Wash is a two-step solution with a mixture of natural ingredients such as clove oil and aloe vera.
The cleaner offers effective and fast relief from red, greasy, raw, and itchy ears. It has long-lasting results that leave no trauma in between the ear cleanings of your pet.
It gets rid of the hassle of cleaning up his ears just to keep them dry, clean, and fresh. Shake well and pat it to the openings of his ear canal. Distribute the solution and massage the ears.
- Specifically-designed for dogs with long ears
- Comes with natural ingredients
- Infused with chamomile, tea tree oil, and hazel
- For application on a daily basis
- Has yucca, clove oil, and Echinacea
- Formulated by veterinarians
- Alcohol-free formula
- Offers immediate relief
- Suitable for any dog breed
- Provides total care
- Offers immediate relief
- Has a powerful odor
4. Duoxo Micellar Solution for Dogs
Get a hygienic dog ear cleaner with Duoxo Micellar Solution for Dogs. The cleaner removes debris and dirt and keeps your pet from wax buildup. It contains phytosphingosine, promoting the skin’s natural lipid barrier.
This is an ear rinse that keeps the ears of your buddy always squeaky clean. Its green tea fragrance gives him a fresh smell.
The cleanser aims to gently soothe, clean, and degrease the ear canals of your furry friend. It emulsifies and rinses out the waxy and oily debris of the ears. Also, it restores the skin barrier and helps in moisturization.
In addition, this dog ear cleaner solution is ideal for matted and soiled hair, skin folds, eye contours, and seborrheic condition-associated greasy skin.
- Ear cleanser
- Designed for all hair type and life stages
- Skin cleaning solution for dogs and cats
- Contains micellar technology
- Offers excellent ear cleansing
- Cleanser before any treatment
- Usable for cats and dogs
- Emulsifies oily debris
- Retains moisture
- Maintains normal yeast and bacterial flora
- May be harmful to puppies
5. Dechra’s MalAcetic Otic Dog Ear and Skin Cleanser
Give gentle care to your pooch with Dechra’s MalAcetic Otic Dog Ear and Skin Cleanser. This hypoallergenic formula gently cleanses not just the ears but the general skin of your dog. Its pH concentration is balanced for his skin’s natural acidity.
The formula is very versatile as it works as an irritation-soother, infection-buster, and an ear wax cleaner. You will love the apple scent it leaves after cleaning.
It does not contain artificial cleansers and ototoxic agents. Hence, it is an all-natural formula that is even suitable for those with sensitive skin.
When it comes to treating infection, the formula is very effective as it relieves the itchy symptoms. This helps him to be relaxed and comfortable.
With this generous solution, you will be sure to restore peaceful night rests to you and your loyal buddy.
- All-natural formula
- pH balanced
- Apple scented
- Good for both cats and dogs
- Kind to skin with its natural ingredients
- Treats persistent infection on the ear
- Has pleasant apple scent
- Free from artificial cleansers and ototoxic agents
- Can be used on a regular basis
- May not be that effective for severe infection.
6. Dechra EpiKlean Ear Cleanser
If you are looking for a solution that both cleans and dries the ears of your cat or dog, then get Dechra EpiKlean Ear Cleanser. This ear cleaner for your pooch works well for dogs and cats.
The solution is for pets who develop exudative ears. It exhibits an agent that absorbs excess wax and oil so that his ear will be squeaky clean.
The formula keeps his ears clean and sharp. It gets rid of debris, aside from grooming his ears. Also, it protects the ears from infection. Thus, its efficacy is an epic.
- Has a drying agent
- Works effectively for cats and dogs
- Ear cleaner
- For cleanliness maintenance
- Cleanses dog’s ear
- Protects from infection
- Removes debris
- Dries ears
- May not be that gentle
7. Nutri-Vet Dog Ear Cleanser
Give your furry pal a gentle groom and deodorize his ear flaps and canals with Nutri-Vet Dog Ear Cleanser. This vet-formulated solution removes wax, dirt, and other substances that may trigger any type of infection. It inhibits itching that is associated with allergic reactions.
The vet ear cleaner comes with salicylic acid, causing the outer layer of the skin in his ear canal to shed more. This enables new cells to grow. Its aloe vera content is very soothing and helps reduce any type of inflammation.
The scented solution helps relieve the itch in dogs caused by fungal infections, fleas, contact dermatitis, insect bites, or eczema.
More importantly, it is a mild formula that makes it very beneficial even to puppies.
- Mild formula
- Contains salicylic acid
- Good for itches caused by allergic reactions
- Has a pleasant scent
- Great for long-eared breeds of canine who are susceptible to foreign matter entrapment and infection in their ears
- Has soothing aloe vera
- Lessens minor irritations in dog’s skin
- Causes the outer layer of the ear’s skin to shed more
- Relieves allergy-related itchiness
- Pleasantly scented
- Does not burn or sting
- Good for puppies and small breeds
- Can be harmful when not properly applied
8. Pet King Brands Zymox LP3 Enzyme System Ear Cleanser
Switch to Pet King Brands Zymox LP3 Enzyme System Ear Cleanser, a gentler dog ear cleaning solution, if your pooch remains miserable despite prescriptions and vet visits.
The cleanser is already tried and proved as the most effective and safest alternative to treat infection in the outer ear. It contains bio-active enzymes, which cause the main infection.
The formula gets rid of the bacteria and yeast by creating a potent antimicrobial defense system. It targets high antibiotic-resistant pathogens such as Malassezia, Proteus, Staphylococcus, and Pseudomonas.
Veterinarians and fur parents consider it a broad-spectrum ear cleaning formula which can also be an antipruritic medication.
Its active ingredient hydrocortisone relieves rash, itching, redness, swelling, and other infection-associated symptoms. It also purges dirt, wax, and pus.
Generally, its efficacy is manifested in a single application. Take note that its proper administration is once daily for seven consecutive days.
- A dog ear cleaner for dogs and cats
- Comes with antimicrobial LP3 Enzyme System
- Offers a non-invasive and broad-spectrum approach
- Does not contain harsh detergents
- Veterinarian recommended solution
- Nonirritating, gentle, and non-toxic
- Gentle ear cleaner
- Relieves rash, itching, redness, and swelling
- Does not require washing of ears
- Ideal for households or pet owners domesticating multiple dogs and/or cats
- Squeaky cleans pet ear
- May not be suitable for steroid-allergic dogs
- Has potential to leave grease bedspread stains
9. Vet’s Best Ear Relief Wash and Dry Cleaner Kit
The ears of your dog can get itchy and dirty at any time. So, be sure that your treatment plan determines whether your pet will receive lasting relief or may endure discomfort and pain. Thanks to Vet’s Best Ear Relief Wash and Dry Cleaner Kit, these ear-associated issues can now be answered.
This is a two-step formula with a potent mixture of natural ingredients like clove oil and aloe vera.
Both ingredients work together in mitigating discomfort and itchiness. It provides effective and fast relief from raw, greasy, red, and itchy ears.
Also, it has a lasting therapeutic effect that you need not worry about traumatizing your canine in between his ear cleanings.
Moreover, the cleaning kit sets to eliminate the cleaning hassle for the ears of your pet. The ear-wash for dogs comes along with a dry solution to keep his ears dry, clean, and fresh.
Shake them well then apply to the ear canal’s openings. The next thing you should do is to massage its base so the solution will distribute equally.
- Set includes solutions for wash and dry
- Comes with a coordinated treatment
- Composed of natural ingredients
- Lasting effects on ear treatment
- Veterinarian formulated
- Alcohol-free solution
- Suitable for all dog breeds
- Has a powerful odor which can be unpleasant to some
10. Miracle Care Dog Ear Cleanser in Powder
Thanks to Miracle Care Dog Ear Cleanser in Powder, the fungi and bacteria developed in your pooch’s hairy ears can now be treated. Since some solutions are stressful and painful to use, this formula is a good alternative.
Oftentimes, pet parents use this ear powder to remove the hair inside the ear painlessly and quickly. The powder allows you to have a firm grip to remove hairs by killing them from the root.
In fact, there are chronic ear infections caused by excessive hair. Which is why it is a premium solution for hair breeds on the market today. Many find it very easy to use.
The ingredients found in the powder include silicon dioxide, bentonite, rosin, methyl salicylic, and zinc oxide. They help remove hair from the inner ear and its canal. It leaves a residue to protect the ears from bacterial and fungal infections.
- In powder form
- No harmful ingredients
- Available for all dog breeds
- Removes hair in ears easily and painlessly
- Prevents ear infection (fungal and bacterial)
- Keeps dog’s ear canal dry
- Requires less application
- Removes dirt
- Cleans ears
- Can be messy upon application
- Does not replace the other care methods for ears
11. PPP Aroma Care Disposable Ear Wipes
Remove ear wax from your dog’s ears with PPP Aroma Care Disposable Ear Wipes. This pre-soaked wipe is a great solution to get rid of wax located at the tight spots of his ears. Each sheet is pre-soaked in a solution that is soothing and natural.
Meanwhile, its eucalyptus oil content offers a gentle, powerful antibacterial agent. The bulldog wrinkle wipes deodorize the ear and they keep any unpleasant smell at bay.
This goes along with their properties for anti-infection. They even leave a natural, fresh smell of eucalyptus.
In addition, these wipes are effective, convenient, and safe to use for everyday cleaning other than treating infection.
- Ear wipes for dogs and puppies
- They act as a deodorant
- Cleaning solution
- Contains natural and fresh ingredients
- Disposable cotton wipes
- Aloe vera and eucalyptus
- Cleans dog ears
- Convenient to use
- Do not have an irritating smell
- Cleans fast
- Removes wax and dirt
- Only cleans the outermost area of the ear
- Needs squeezing out of the excess solution from its pads
- Use a thinner cloth that easily breaks apart
Now, it is time for you to consider factors when purchasing the best dog ear cleaner.
Things to Remember When You Buy a Dog Ear Cleanser
Narrow down the ones you want from the list and be specific with the following considerations:
Type of Dog Ear Cleanser
Select an ear solution that is suitable for your dog. You may prefer pre-soaked wipes, drops, or dry formula, although most cleansers are liquid.
Consider the pros and cons of each item on your list. While liquid formulas may offer monetary value, wipes can be the most convenient product to purchase.
Check the components of the cleaner before you decide to finally buy it. There might be ingredients that can have an allergic reaction to him.
Try to look for a solution that is gentle on his skin. Natural active ingredients are a good idea for you to find out. They offer cleaning action with no harsh chemicals like alcohol.
Get the confidence for the best performance of your chosen cleanser. Consult your pet’s vet first if you are not sure the ear conditions he might be struggling with or vulnerable to.
Be certain you are choosing one that is focused on a particular issue affecting him. It does not matter if the ear problem is excessive wax, sensitive ear, or persistent infection.
Ease of Use
It is significant to pick a solution that is easy to use. Otherwise, you will unlikely to apply it regularly. Opt for a pre-soaked wipe if your pal seems to resist ear cleanings.
Your financial capacity is always a great factor to think about in this perusal. You need not worry as the cleaners come in a wide budget range. Note the perk of purchasing ear cleaners by bulk. This is specifically beneficial if you are cleaning his ears on a regular basis.
You may then ask, why do I have to buy an ear cleanser for my dog? Well, here’s why.
Benefits of Dog Ear Cleaner
Among the advantages your pet can receive after cleaning his ears are:
- By regularly cleaning your dog’s ears, you may be able to check symptoms like inflammation, excess wax, or redness.
- Cleaning keeps his ears from being too waxy.
- It offers excellent hearing to your dog.
- The antibacterial solution prevents the development of any infection in the ear.
- It fixes or treats mite infestation
Once you have your best-picked dog ear cleanser, make sure you know how to perform it.
How to Clean Dog’s Ear
Follow the steps below to be guided accordingly.
- Keep your furry pal relaxed during the cleaning.
- Follow the instructions set by the manufacturer if you choose a liquid solution.
- Massage the base of his ear after application.
- Wait for two minutes after cleaning before you let him go.
- Use ear wipes or cotton swabs when cleaning out the outer ear and the vertical ear canal.
- Only apply follow-up treatments whenever necessary.
Just like the other members of the household, you also need to take good care of your buddy. Choose the best cleanser for him using the factors presented above. You have to weigh their advantages and disadvantages before deciding to buy one.
Our Top Pick
We highly recommend Pet King Brands ZYMOX Enzymatic Ear Solution as the best dog ear cleaner. It has the ingredients that are effective in cleaning the dog’s ears fast and without pain. The pros and cons of this product are fair enough for almost all dog breeds. This is good news to fur parents.
Now, you are good to go to choose and purchase the right dog ear cleaner for your pet.
Feature Image Source: Megan Markham on Unsplash